Reporting to the Risk Manager.
The candidate must have extensive knowledge and experience in managing the safety on large capital related projects with a full comprehensive understanding of Client roles and responsibilities.
The Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Health,Safety and Welfare at Work Act and ensuring the highest levels of safety performance and behaviour on clients projects and Health & Safety generally within the Company.
The Health and Safety Officer will be required to evaluate current best practice and identify and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety and Health (Level 8) or Bachelor's degree in Safety and Health (Level 7) and a Bachelor's degree in Construction or related field (Level 8).
- Minimum 4 years experience within Health & Safety Construction.
- Strong experience implementing Safety Management Systems.
- Proven track record within the industry on accident free sites.
- Qualified Internal Auditor for Safety Management Systems is desirable.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of OHSAS 18001.
- On-Site inspections, reporting and followups.
- Reporting, investigating and analysing accidents/incidents and near misses.
- Deliver Training.
- Development of weekly and monthly KPI presentations.
TBC-Extremely competitive in todays current market with regular annual increments on offer including a very attractive car allowance.
If interested please contact me directly on or 0851256895.