Our client is a dedicated Data Centre Construction company providing turnkey solutions to our clients, headquartered in Dublin and delivering throughout Europe. They specialise in providing Turnkey Data Centre Solutions, providing services from design, through to construction across the full range of civil, structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical services as well as commissioning.
We are pleased to announce that we are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position will be site-based in Dublin.
The Electrical Engineer will work with a team of Electrical Sub Contractors as they assist with designing, development and electrical installation within a large electrical system in keeping with project programmes.
- Ensure all works are carried out and managed in accordance with the Integrated Management System
- Manage, review and coordinate drawings, as requested
- Advise and guide the sub-contracted staff on all technical aspects of the project
- Prioritise and allocate the work for the staff on the technical team
- Ensure sub-contractor compliance with all site and project requirements, including operational health and safety obligations
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to identify problems and apply corrective actions
- Manage document control to ensure all logs are kept up to date
- Create handover packs and test packs for systems
- Ensuring that all matters of compliance and governance are identified and adhered to, including:
- Health & Safety issues on site and ensuring that all Sub Contractors are working in a safe manner.
- Review ways of working and where possible implement changes to improve safety.
- Ensuring housekeeping is kept to a high standard by all Sub Contactors.
- Complete weekly ‘don’t walk by’ cards.
Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant Electrical Qualification essential eg. Masters or Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5+ years of previous experience in a similar role, within a mechanical and electrical contracting environment is essential
- Data Centre experience is advantageous
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word & Excel is required