Contract, Full Time Permanent
Posted 9 months ago
JMG Solutions is seeking an Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Manager (Co Ordinator) to oversee all matters involving personnel safety and environmental impact at a client Data Center site. This individual will partner with the client’s Global EHS team, local management and EHS team to develop, implement and support initiatives, processes and best practices to support strategic goals and drive performance metrics.
- Monitor activities that have the potential to compromise the safety and health of client personnel, as well as contingent workers, contractors, and visitors to the Data Center.
- Act as or assist with PSCS/PSDP for direct client project activities and coordinate PSCS/PSDP activities with multiple contractors on site to ensure control and sequence of works are communicated for all activities
- Monitor activities at the Data Center that have the potential to impact the environment.
- Ensure necessary company records are prepared and maintained according to established company policy and state and local safety and environmental guidelines.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining ISO 90001, 14001, 18001 certifications.
- Conduct facility inspections as required by company policy and governmental permits.
- Implement training plan and ensure all EHS training is completed for all on-site personnel.
- Act as the site representative during all internal and external audits.
- Participate in incident investigations, accurate recording of the details, and implementation of corrective action for all work-related incidents.
- Maintain a current inventory and Safety Data Sheets for all chemical hazards on the property.
- Implement risk management strategies and practices.
- Implement site safety programs such as vendor management, waste (hazardous & non-hazardous) management, etc. in accordance with company guidelines.
- Participate in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures, and make health, safety, and environmental recommendations accordingly.
- Establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships.
- Work with highly confidential information.
- Assist with other supporting activities as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field.
- BS Degree in Safety or Health Sciences, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations that impact the company, including: OSHA, EPA, State and local laws and ordinances.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 14001,18001 standard or environmental management systems.
- Experience working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience learning new applications
- 5+ years’ experience in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field