Location: Leixlip, Kildare
Type: Permanent, Full-Time Position
Supporting the management of a complex schedule for decommissioning and installation of equipment to an operational facility. The Last Planner Scheduler will be responsible for liaising with the client and trades to schedule and progress works performed on-site. Responsibilities will cover development, maintenance, integration, and reporting of the project schedule through digital tooling and traditional reporting methods. The selected candidate will work closely and effectively with the Production Control Team, Project Managers, and the Project Director, and shall provide support and in planning and scheduling of activities undertaken by trades. This position will also review submissions from trades and will need to report scheduling information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the development and implementation of the planning management strategy across the
- Maintaining and providing consistency across the project in all aspects of planning and schedule
- Ensuring the planning services align with the project objectives, and the company and the client’s requirements and established processes and procedures.
- Managing and directing the activities of the planning team and integrating with the wider project
controls and technical assurance functions.
• Managing the knowledge transfer to the client team to ensure a legacy of improved capacity and
understanding of planning processes, systems and management.
- Maintaining a Primavera P6 Schedule and developing the project data structure and architecture of control systems.
- Working with the client team, Project Director, Technical Lead and other functional areas to develop the strategy for schedule management across the project, with integration into the client
- Managing the documentation and maintenance of schedule definition statements for each package of work through their lifecycle, from development of initial project brief and requirements capture through to closeout and handover.
- Overseeing the Creation of Work, Cost and Organisational Breakdown Structures (WBS, CBS & OBS) and development of schedules and budget data (including resource loading) for those WBS
- Interacting with functional leads and sub-project leads to obtain schedule updates across each of
the projects. Developing cost and scheduling reports, together with reporting and cost leads and
update estimates as trends are identified.
- Collecting, interpreting and inputting schedule data into the controls database and providing
output to the project and business unit teams. Applying configuration control to ensure project
management activity remains focused on the currently agreed scope.
- Reporting the performance measurement data regularly to inform the status, variances and
corrective actions. Monitoring actual performance against the schedule to identify delay, early and late completion.
- Performing baseline schedule maintenance and control, supporting the development of a robust
project capability across the entire delivery environment
- 2-year technical degree with emphasis on project controls and project scheduling
- 2 – 5 years exp planning, scheduling, monitoring, updating, and reporting on med size
- 2-5 years’ experience with Primavera scheduling software