Senior Authorised Person | Leinster
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer.
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe. Their culture is innovative, collaborative, and performance-focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Authorised Person has arisen for an energetic individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
Senior Authorised Person Responsibilities
- Engages from early in the project with Site Management team with the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- Structured mentoring / Workshops with the testing & commissioning technicians in line with an agreed Commissioning plan with the Project manager.
- Ensures all Workplace personnel are aware of and are complying with the Electrical Safe Systems of Work.
- Issues and controls Permits for all Energised working activities under scope of work.
- Attend daily testing & commissioning meetings as required.
- To review and understand project specifications and drawings fully and extract the project-specific requirements.
- Follow Strict Operational Procedures and Adhere to High Voltage Safety Rules.
- Interpretation of basic electrical protection under fault conditions.
- Manage Safety documents and lock out/tag out procedures and philosophies.
- Carry out review of Switchgear Distribution Topology and Controls prior to start-up.
- Attend Project daily white board progress / Look ahead meetings.
- Support / liaise with specialist Testing & Commissioning contractors to carry out early reviews and agree commissioning sequences and test scripts.
- Liaise with Control System providers (Scada/BMS/EMS etc.) in the development of the system handover under permit control schedule and protocols.
- Manage initial start-up and energization of equipment following the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work plan for MV/LV Systems.
- Witness and coordinate specific tests and ensure all documentation is complete as per regulations and project specifications.
- Ensure all pre- and post-energisation testing & commissioning tagging activities are witnessed by required parties and signed off as accepted.
- Identifying and ensuring all the correct test equipment is available and calibrated for use.
Necessary requirement of the Senior Authorised Person
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering or an Electrical Trade with relevant training and experience
- Minimum of 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role within an electrical contracting environment with experience in Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects.
- Commercial Awareness
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Experience with an M&E contractor in an Energy Marshall Role.
- Database / MS SharePoint experience, other database software.
- Experience of working on MV/HV systems. ‘Authorised Person’ experience.
- Electrical Testing & Verification with min 3 years experience.
- Construction experience/understanding required. Safety experience.
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Identifies and achieves commercial value.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Excellent Understanding & Interpretation of Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
- Excellent understanding of earthing arrangements and configurations.
- Excellent understanding of Busbar, busway systems including interlocking of secondary energy sources.
- Excellent knowledge of discrimination study application both for Short circuit/overload protection and earth/line fault currents.
- Good Knowledge of FAT/SAT reporting for all Electrical Switchgear philosophy.
- Appreciation of Switchgear forms and separations and Type Testing.
- Good Knowledge of National Electrical Regulations
- Good Knowledge of control systems – Scada/BMS/EMS etc.
- Good Knowledge of narrating LV/MV switching plans.
- Ability to Carry out switching and Isolating of Medium Voltage Systems.
- Mission Critical project experience / knowledge.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and Communication skills.
- Ability to integrate with specialist contractors for energisation of partial systems.
- Commissioning experience of Electrical systems/backup systems.
- Experience working on Live systems and managing energisation/start-up of Systems.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of control philosophies and switchgear systems.