The HSEQ Manager will be a core member of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) & project teams that implements the HSEQ strategy, monitors the performance of the projects to meet the company ambitions. They will be key in providing support and advice to operational teams based in the Netherlands.
Key Role Deliverables:
- Establish and provide leadership and management in best practice HSEQ matters
- Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the HSEQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Processes.
- Ensure HSEQ controls are in place so that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
- Take a lead with site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction HSEQ Plans. Manage & provide support to Project teams in the development Plans.
- Carry out regular inspections/audits of sites and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Processes and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
- Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
- Lead & partake in accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company process and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any re occurrences.
- Positively promote the company Vision, Mission & Values.
- Manage the performance of all staff assigned to you in accordance with legislation and company policies & processes.
- Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
- Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
- Carry out all work in accordance with HSEQ and any other legal requirements.
- Participate in team meetings / toolbox talks / business meetings, as necessary.
- Participate and engage fully in company appraisal / performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, team, and the wider team’s performance.
- Confidential when dealing with sensitive matters and an understanding of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- NEBOSH Construction / Certificate or Equivalent
- Relevant Industry Membership e.g. IOSH, IEMA, CQI
- IT Proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint & Document Management Software)
- Excellent motivator and team builder.
- Confident when dealing with challenging and sometimes difficult individuals.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with Clients and Senior Managers.
- Good Presentation Skills
- Chartered Member of IOSH
- Good interpersonal relationship skills with confident, resilient approach.
- Excellent presentation, persuasiveness and negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills