On the back of an ever-increasing workload, our client is looking for an experienced HSEQT Advisor to support our various projects and meet the requirements of the Safety Quality and Environment Management systems.
This role will also involve assisting the site teams and managers by recognising hazards and seeking to minimise risks, ensuring high standards of HSEQT are attained and continually improved and to ensure all HSEQT legal obligations are met.
Key responsibilities as HSEQT Advisor include:
- Development of the HSEQT Management system, in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Ensuring compliance with HSEQT statutory duties is achieved.
- Reporting to management on the performance of the management systems and any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- To support the delivery of the HSEQT strategy and to assist in achieving continuous improvement in HSEQT performance across all parts of the company.
- To provide assurance to the HSEQT Manager by means of appropriate monitoring and intervention, that operations fulfil its obligations under HSEQT legislation.
- To support the development of the culture as the organisation rapidly expands and changes.
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate the operation of HSEQT performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate.
- Offer competent advice on HSEQT Matters to the company and its staff.
- To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQT obligations.
- Develop and instigate HSEQT initiatives.
- Ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with the HSEQT Manager, HSEQT targets, objectives and KPI’s.
- Completion of Construction Stage Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc.
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements.
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for 18001, 14001 & 9001
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues.
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence.
- Monitor working hours to avoid exceeding the relevant legislation and internal policy.
- Driving continuous improvement and implementing initiatives to promote best practice at all times.
Skills & Experience required:
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Extensive experience within a civil engineering or telecommunications environment.
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
- CSCS Card.
- A passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
Position: HSEQ Advisor (Power Division)
Reporting to: Electrical Safety Engineer (Power Division)
Location: Northern Ireland
Full Time: 42.5 hours per week
To ensure high standards of HSEQ are attained and continually improved. To ensure all HSEQ legal obligations, company and client requirements are met.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for carrying out site audits/inspections, checking and reporting compliance levels.
- Coaching and mentoring field operatives to improve Safety and compliance and optimise company
- Carry out risk assessments, identifying hazards and implement control measures
- Take part in Safety meetings and complete Toolbox talks.
- Compile Statistics and writing reports.
- Attend client meeting and present safety statistics.
- Identify training needs and organise accordingly.
- Investigate and report incidents.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation; “This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other duties may be required that fall within the capabilities of the role.
Key Result Areas;
- To deliver a single approach to HSEQ Management that meets the organisation’s needs, statutory duties and the expectations of shareholders with respect to HSEQ;
- To support the development of the company culture as the organisation rapidly expands and changes;
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation of HSEQ performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate;
- To offer competent advice on HSEQ matters to the company and its staff;
- To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQ obligations;
- To develop and instigate HSEQ initiatives;
- Ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with the Electrical Safety Engineer; HSEQ targets, objectives and KPI’s. The post holder will be accountable to the Power Divison Safety Manager
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent;
- Preferably NEBSOH Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of Graduate Member of IOSH and current CPD;
- Fluent in Microsoft packages;
- Good standard of written English essential.
- Patient and assertive, with excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work with people at all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
- Full driving license Knowledge & Experience;
- Good level of education;
- Membership of IOSH;
- A proven track record of developing, implementing and integrating policies;
- An understanding of the regulatory sector and the management of risk;
- Experience of building a strong and consistent culture of safety throughout an organisation.
Health & Safety Compliance:
Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with the HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings. General: Carry out such other duties as are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills and are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or for attainment of the goals of the business.