About The Role
The HSE Manager will be a core member of the Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) & project teams that implements the HSE strategy, monitors the performance of the projects to meet the company ambitions. They will be key in providing support and advice to operational teams.
Key Role Deliverables:
- Establish and provide leadership and management in best practice HSE matters
- Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the HSE of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Processes.
- Ensure HSE controls are in place so that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
- Take a lead with site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction Plans. Manage & provide support to Project teams in the development Plans.
- Carry out regular inspections/audits of sites and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Processes and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
- Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
- Lead & partake in accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company process and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
- Manage, collate & review Business / Project HSE statistics in a timely manner and submit to the HSE Department for reporting purposes. Review HSE statistics to identify trends.
- Develop and implement HSE campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with Management.
- Manage and produce processes and associated documentation and check compliance.
- Identify significant HSE issues for projects and help set-up projects to include appropriate controls.
- Manage and identify any HSE consents/ permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained in line with all relevant records which are to be maintained.
- Support in the delivery of the Group Audit Programme & undertake internal and external audits as required.
- Providing input and review of pre-qualification, tender and HSE award submissions
- Stopping work with at any time HSE elements of the works are in question.
- Manage the dissemination of information issued by HSE to relevant employees.
- Positively promote the client’s Vision, Mission & Values.
- Manage the performance of all staff assigned to you in accordance with legislation and company policies & processes.
- Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
- Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
- Carry out all work in accordance with HSE and any other legal requirements.
- Participate in team meetings / toolbox talks / business meetings as necessary.
- Participate and engage fully in company appraisal / performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, team and the wider team’s performance.
- Confidential when dealing with sensitive matters and an understanding of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)