Role: Technical Site Lead
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Our client is looking for a Technical Site Manager to Lead the integrated facilities management in one of their Pharmaceutical Sites in Dublin. They are a global leader in the industry of facilities management and are looking for a candidate like yourself to join their team in Dublin
Key responsibilities as Technical Site Lead include:
- Lead the integrated facilities management (IFM) on site
- Providing leadership, management and development of assigned contracts ensuring financial and operational commitments are met and exceeded
- Ownership of the operational budgets, fully accountable for monthly expenditure with responsibility for the invoicing process, meeting margins and the client’s expectations.
- Management of employees, this will include their personal development, performance management and goal achievement in a safe working environment.
- Ensuring customer focus within all operational activities and ensuring effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
- Quality, Environmental & Health and Safety Compliance of operations under your control and follow escalation policy for all critical issues.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures and people management processes
- Manage the instrumentation calibration program.
- Ensuring the outsourced IFM relationship operates within contractual KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Develop Facility Management KPI’s and maintain tracking tools to monitor department commitments and assignments related to compliance and quality systems report Facility maintenance performance to management
- Develop detailed shutdown schedules with all stakeholders and track and report on progress during shutdown execution
- Partner with the Site Maintenance technicians to ensure upkeep of all black and clean utility systems and no business interruption.
- Develop and implement the standard operating procedures for Facilities
- Management of the hard and soft services in the site
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role.
- Mechanical or Electrical Qualification.
- Ability to work and meet tight deadlines
- Technical engineering background with pharmaceutical cGMP experience is a requirement
- Experience in Pharmaceutical industry is desired
Mechanical Construction Manager | West Dublin
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer.
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, they have become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution.
As Mechanical Construction Manager you will be tasked to represent the Project Manager and the company on major construction sites and to take responsibility for all site-related activities associated with the construction of a varied range of projects. The Mechanical Site Manager will be expected to take the lead on all on-site activities from pre-mobilisation through to commissioning and eventual demobilisation.
Mechanical Construction Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Assist PM in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Visit site and develop a site establishment schedule.
- Familiarisation with change management with PM.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
- Set up site establishment.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
Project Running Phase:
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management.
- Assist Project team in expediting of major equipment deliveries.
- Maintain a site diary
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all variations are picked up in conjunction with PM and QS.
- Ensure labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors.
- Produce short-term programmes in line with master programme.
- Mark up master programme each week and issues to PM.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
- Liaise with our client in co-ordination between building and services.
- Work closely with other supervisors to ensure effective co-ordination between M&E services.
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Ensure tool box talks, inductions and safety briefings are being carried out.
- Maintain plant logs and ensure weekly safety checks are carried out.
- Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy in particular to the operation of work permits, site safety audits and weekly walk around.
- Carry out daily walk around adopting a “don’t walk by” approach to safety.
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of materials and plant.
- Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
- Ensure inspection test plan is enforced by snagging works, then offering to client for inspection at various stages of the installation working to ZERO snags.
- Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
Close Out Activities:
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Ensure all site safety devices are proved.
- Ensure all life systems are complete and certified.
- Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
- Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials and site establishment.
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist.
- Maintain a site diary.
- Assist QS in his / her duties
- Ensure company’s good image is maintained at all times.
- Integrate with site team.
- Ensure your agreed training plan is enforced.
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Construction Manager
- Recognised pipefitter/plumber/sheet metal worker etc. apprenticeship / trade cert coupled with a minimum of 5 years Site Management experience
- Experience in managing Mechanical design and build projects in-excess of €5 million within commercial, industrial, pharmaceutical or data centre type sectors.
- You will ideally be in possession of; IOSH certificate managing safety; IOSH certificate in environmental management and general NEBOSH certificate but not essential.
- Possess strong computer abilities
- Professional Acumen – Represent the company at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
- Communications – A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency. Ability to lead presentations to larger audiences.
- Planning and Organising – An organised and adaptable individual with a flexible approach to work. Ability to manage and prioritise when leading multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of constructability of projects.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Capable of building strategic relationships with third party design groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.