Document Control | West Dublin
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, our client has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution.
As a Document Control Administrator, you will join our growing multi-disciplined engineering and construction team. You will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for operational excellence in this area. You will deliver a project administrative service that is world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities and the chance to be a member of a truly world class team.
Document Control Administrator Responsibilities
The key responsibilities are top work as part of our high-performance team to ensure all project administration systems and records are correctly created, stored and maintained. Support the project manager as required in the correct management and control of data and arrangement of general activities:
- Document Control Administrator controls and coordinates project administration and data.
- Supports Document Controller and completes project administrative and general duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- The Document Control Administrator shall download all new project information from the projects share file system as it becomes available.
- Organize and maintain the site drawing register as new information becomes available
- Remove, stamp and file appropriately the superseded drawings as they are presented
- Update the FTP server with new information as it becomes available.
- Log and tracks all outgoing RFI and design team queries.
- Log and track all incoming responses for RFI.
- Record and issue site meeting minutes.
- Log a register of all noted design changes to drawings and ensure this is kept up to date.
- Ensure smooth flow of information for all site staff and relevant sub-contractors.
- Update live drawings in office on drawing file stick and ensure most recent copies are always available.
- Organize and maintain a specification register as new information becomes available.
- Update live specifications on the server and ensure most recent copies are always available.
- Hyperlink specification register to said specifications.
- Organize and maintain a schedule register as new information becomes available.
- Update live schedules on the server and ensure most recent copies are always available
- Hyperlink schedule register to said schedules.
- Support the Project BIM/CAD team with drawings administration.
- Create and maintain the access register.
- Ensuring checks are completed for compliance with latest building regulations and relevant design codes.
- Ensure GDPR rules and systems are complied with at all times.
- You will proactively and vigilantly keep information secure and fully comply with the Information Security Management System (ISMS).
Necessary requirement of the Document Control Administrator
- Ideally will possess 2+ years’ experience in a similar Document Control Administrator position coming from an engineering or building services background
- Computer skills course such as ECDL or similar
- A good understanding of MS office package
- Be familiar with inbound call handling systems
- High level of attention to detail coupled with excellent organizational skills, Prompt resolution and issuance skills and a high level of attention to details
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Flexible with the ability to adapt
- Decisive and action oriented
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Results driven
- Business aware
- An excellent planner and organizer