Our client is a dedicated Data Centre Construction company providing turnkey solutions to their clients,
headquartered in Dublin and delivering throughout Europe. As an engineering focused organisation, they have grown to become one of the leading and most trusted companies in their sector.
We are pleased to announce that we are currently seeking an EHS Learning & Development Officer.
Reporting to the EHS Director, the primary purpose of the EHS Learning & Development Officer is to
develop, co-ordinate and conduct company-wide training to ensure that all staff are aware of best practice in the area of health and safety in all aspects of their work. While this is a Dublin based role, in Ballymount, the role will also involve a high level of travel throughout Europe.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities associated with the role of the EHS
Learning & Development Officer.
- Liaising with project management on training needs and assisting with the subsequent
development of annual training plans.
- Creating and delivering various internal training programs to employees to include but not limited
to inductions, manual handling, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programmes, and site specific skills and equipment training.
- Conducting skills assessments to ensure all employees have acquired the necessary knowledge and
skills to work in a safe and competent manner
- Participation in site skills and training audits as required
- Produce monthly, quarterly and yearly training reports
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects with challenging deadlines
- Be innovative and creative with course design and facilitation
- Facilitate engaging presentations that contribute to business impact
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions for business impact and scalability
- Conducting VDU/DSE Assessments will also be part of the role
- Provide direction and support for the company-wide Knowledge Management System
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 and the Environmental, Health &
- Safety standards of the company and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards
Skills & Requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Train the Trainer – QQI Level 6 Qualification is a requirement
- Manual Handling Instructor qualification is an advantage
- VDU/DSE Assessor qualification is an advantage
- Experience in Construction or Engineering sector is a prerequisite and specifically in the Data Centre Sector is an advantage