JMG Solutions Ltd.
Position: HSEQ Advisor (Power Division)
Reporting to: Electrical Safety Engineer (Power Division)
Location: Northern Ireland
Full Time: 42.5 hours per week
To ensure high standards of HSEQ are attained and continually improved. To ensure all HSEQ legal obligations, company and client requirements are met.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for carrying out site audits/inspections, checking and reporting compliance levels.
- Coaching and mentoring field operatives to improve Safety and compliance and optimise company
- Carry out risk assessments, identifying hazards and implement control measures
- Take part in Safety meetings and complete Toolbox talks.
- Compile Statistics and writing reports.
- Attend client meeting and present safety statistics.
- Identify training needs and organise accordingly.
- Investigate and report incidents.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation; “This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other duties may be required that fall within the capabilities of the role.
Key Result Areas;
- To deliver a single approach to HSEQ Management that meets the organisation’s needs, statutory duties and the expectations of shareholders with respect to HSEQ;
- To support the development of the company culture as the organisation rapidly expands and changes;
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation of HSEQ performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate;
- To offer competent advice on HSEQ matters to the company and its staff;
- To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQ obligations;
- To develop and instigate HSEQ initiatives;
- Ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with the Electrical Safety Engineer; HSEQ targets, objectives and KPI’s. The post holder will be accountable to the Power Divison Safety Manager
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent;
- Preferably NEBSOH Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of Graduate Member of IOSH and current CPD;
- Fluent in Microsoft packages;
- Good standard of written English essential.
- Patient and assertive, with excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work with people at all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
- Full driving license Knowledge & Experience;
- Good level of education;
- Membership of IOSH;
- A proven track record of developing, implementing and integrating policies;
- An understanding of the regulatory sector and the management of risk;
- Experience of building a strong and consistent culture of safety throughout an organisation.
Health & Safety Compliance:
Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with the HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings. General: Carry out such other duties as are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills and are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or for attainment of the goals of the business.