Our client is a leader in integrated program management services at risk specializing in the Food & Beverage market & Commercial projects. Their creative approach to optimizing complex integrated processes allows them to deliver fast, transformative results for projects of all sizes. Their mission is to be trusted advisors delivering outcome-based solutions through deep collaboration and lasting partnerships,
while providing fulfilling team member experiences.
They are a fully integrated service provider deeply rooted in engineering, design, and construction services. As a family-owned company, they focus on the manufacturing of food & beverage and commercial markets for domestic and international customers. Together, they deliver highly customized solutions that meet customers’ most sophisticated needs.
- Maintain a current estimating database including building up rates
- Preparation of Capital cost estimates including detailed take-offs.
- Preparing tender documentation including Bills of Quantities
- Evaluating and negotiating of tenders received
- Assist in the commercial management of contracts and their profitability
- Assist with monthly evaluations and cost reporting
- Complying and maintain variation logs
- Assist in construction disputes which may arise
- Agreement of final accounts
- General contract administration duties
- Planning and performing other duties and project as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar record of experience
- 3-7 years demonstrated QS experience/ Cost Management/ Estimating experience
- Previous contracting or PQS experience or Contractor
- Chartered Surveyor or interest in working towards Chartership (Desirable)
- Good IT skills including use of estimating software (Advantageous)
- Motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Demonstrate a commercial awareness and understanding
- Knowledge of construction process and techniques
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
If you are energetic, self-motivated and enjoy team environment, have a passion for collaboration and professional development then we would love to talk to you.
If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations in a fast-paced innovative company, then this role is for you. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. As a company, our client is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Leixlip, Kildare
Type: Permanent, Full-Time Position
Supporting the management of a complex schedule for decommissioning and installation of equipment to an operational facility. The Last Planner Scheduler will be responsible for liaising with the client and trades to schedule and progress works performed on-site. Responsibilities will cover development, maintenance, integration, and reporting of the project schedule through digital tooling and traditional reporting methods. The selected candidate will work closely and effectively with the Production Control Team, Project Managers, and the Project Director, and shall provide support and in planning and scheduling of activities undertaken by trades. This position will also review submissions from trades and will need to report scheduling information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the development and implementation of the planning management strategy across the
- Maintaining and providing consistency across the project in all aspects of planning and schedule
- Ensuring the planning services align with the project objectives, and the company and the client’s requirements and established processes and procedures.
- Managing and directing the activities of the planning team and integrating with the wider project
controls and technical assurance functions.
• Managing the knowledge transfer to the client team to ensure a legacy of improved capacity and
understanding of planning processes, systems and management.
- Maintaining a Primavera P6 Schedule and developing the project data structure and architecture of control systems.
- Working with the client team, Project Director, Technical Lead and other functional areas to develop the strategy for schedule management across the project, with integration into the client
- Managing the documentation and maintenance of schedule definition statements for each package of work through their lifecycle, from development of initial project brief and requirements capture through to closeout and handover.
- Overseeing the Creation of Work, Cost and Organisational Breakdown Structures (WBS, CBS & OBS) and development of schedules and budget data (including resource loading) for those WBS
- Interacting with functional leads and sub-project leads to obtain schedule updates across each of
the projects. Developing cost and scheduling reports, together with reporting and cost leads and
update estimates as trends are identified.
- Collecting, interpreting and inputting schedule data into the controls database and providing
output to the project and business unit teams. Applying configuration control to ensure project
management activity remains focused on the currently agreed scope.
- Reporting the performance measurement data regularly to inform the status, variances and
corrective actions. Monitoring actual performance against the schedule to identify delay, early and late completion.
- Performing baseline schedule maintenance and control, supporting the development of a robust
project capability across the entire delivery environment
- 2-year technical degree with emphasis on project controls and project scheduling
- 2 – 5 years exp planning, scheduling, monitoring, updating, and reporting on med size
- 2-5 years’ experience with Primavera scheduling software
JMG Solutions is seeking an Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Manager (Co Ordinator) to oversee all matters involving personnel safety and environmental impact at a client Data Center site. This individual will partner with the client’s Global EHS team, local management and EHS team to develop, implement and support initiatives, processes and best practices to support strategic goals and drive performance metrics.
- Monitor activities that have the potential to compromise the safety and health of client personnel, as well as contingent workers, contractors, and visitors to the Data Center.
- Act as or assist with PSCS/PSDP for direct client project activities and coordinate PSCS/PSDP activities with multiple contractors on site to ensure control and sequence of works are communicated for all activities
- Monitor activities at the Data Center that have the potential to impact the environment.
- Ensure necessary company records are prepared and maintained according to established company policy and state and local safety and environmental guidelines.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining ISO 90001, 14001, 18001 certifications.
- Conduct facility inspections as required by company policy and governmental permits.
- Implement training plan and ensure all EHS training is completed for all on-site personnel.
- Act as the site representative during all internal and external audits.
- Participate in incident investigations, accurate recording of the details, and implementation of corrective action for all work-related incidents.
- Maintain a current inventory and Safety Data Sheets for all chemical hazards on the property.
- Implement risk management strategies and practices.
- Implement site safety programs such as vendor management, waste (hazardous & non-hazardous) management, etc. in accordance with company guidelines.
- Participate in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures, and make health, safety, and environmental recommendations accordingly.
- Establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships.
- Work with highly confidential information.
- Assist with other supporting activities as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field.
- BS Degree in Safety or Health Sciences, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations that impact the company, including: OSHA, EPA, State and local laws and ordinances.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 14001,18001 standard or environmental management systems.
- Experience working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience learning new applications
- 5+ years’ experience in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field
JMG Solutions Ltd. are looking for an environmental expert with experience in environmental audits within the construction sector. The role is a part-time consultancy position for our client based in Wexford.
The role consists of 1-2 environmental/sustainability audits per month. Ideally the candidate will be working full-time as a EHS Advisor/Lead consultant, and add these audits into their monthly schedule.
The candidate must have environmental qualifications, and must be based in the Wexford region. Candidates outside of Ireland will not be considered.