Team Member Role: Assistant Project Manager/ Project Manager
Our clients’ mission is to be trusted advisors delivering outcome-based solutions through deep collaboration and lasting partnerships, while providing fulfilling team member experiences.
Our client is a leader in integrated program management services at risk specialising in the Food & Beverage market and similar markets. Their creative approach to optimizing complex integrated processes allows them to deliver fast, transformative results for projects of all sizes.
They are a fully integrated service provider deeply rooted in engineering, design, and construction services. As a family and employee-owned company, they focus on the manufacturing, food & beverage, automotive, distribution, mission critical, and commercial markets for domestic and international customers. They provide specialized capabilities across key markets and customers. Together, we deliver highly customized solutions that meet customers’ most sophisticated needs.
The new team member is required to have four to six years of experience in design and construction management, with a minimum of four years’ experience managing large industrial construction projects.
Preference will be given to candidates with a Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree or related qualifications (Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture).
The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for collaboration and professional development. If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations in a fast-paced innovative company, then this role is for you.
The assistant project manager/ project manager will:
- Liaising with project stakeholders concerning project details and deliverables
- Supporting the management of construction project design, estimation, project planning including all relevant statutory processes, and procurement management.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to safety and to ensure the ‘Design’ team are active in this regard
- Work with the discipline design leads to establish an agreed scope of services for all design disciplines and/or Design Subcontractors.
- Where requested, manage the design reviews and coordination meetings: ensuring a fully coordinated design strategy is in place and work closely with discipline lead designers to deliver
- Assisting in the project control, including resourcing and service delivery requirements, ensuring consultant supervision where relevant.
- Helping the management of the production and approval of project delivery plans, contractor plans, cash flow projections, and earned value analysis.
- Supporting the day-to-day management of construction service providers for projects, including conformance and compliance.
- Develop job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Giving input into the ongoing development of new templates, documents, systems and processes for project/programme management to incorporate lessons learned and efficiencies.
- Purchase and monitor the delivery of all needed materials for the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to specifications.
- Prepare various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports.
- Organise and maintain job files to ensure continuity of workflow.
- Submit verbal and written reports on project status to management.
- Review shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
- May be responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s) and proposal preparation efforts.
- Responsible for the communication, implementation and enforcement of the safety and quality programs on site.
- Handling any other duties delegated by the operations directors or project management team
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. They may occasionally be required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25kg. Specific vision abilities required include close vision. Travel and the physical demands of travel are required on a frequent basis. Initial travel will be to Belgium for consultant and site visits
The work environment is varied between a normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled to a jobsite where the team member can be frequently exposed to cold, wet and/or hot and humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. May also be occasionally exposed to precarious places, fumes and/or airborne particles, extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level on a jobsite is moderate to loud.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related subject (e.g., Mechanical Engineering)
- A professional qualification in recognised Project Management professional body (e/g APM or PMI) is desirable
- Full Driving License
Our Company will be proactive in employing and advancing qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status.